RJOS would like to extend a special thank you to AOFAS for the use of thier webinar platform to present this webinar series.
Due to COVID-19, the AAOS Board of Directors made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 AAOS Annual Meeting which included the RJOS Annual Meeting and Professional Development Leadership Symposium. To protect the health and safety of our members, RJOS supported this decision.
While we very much wish we could have held our meeting, it was not to be. To fulfill our commitment to providing RJOS members with an update on the accomplishments of our Society, and the quality education that was scheduled to be presented in Orlando, the RJOS Leadership offered the RJOS 2020 Annual Meeting and the Professional Development Leadership Symposium in four complimentary webinars.
Webinar #1 - RJOS 2020 Business Meeting, was held on March 24, 2020.
RJOS 2020 Business Meeting Webinar Agenda:
- Dr. Marlene DeMaio - Welcome, State of the Society & Introduction of New Presidential Line (10 min)
- Dr. Dawn LaPorte - 2020 Presidential Address (10 min)
- Dr. Julie Samora – He For She Award (5 min)
- He For She Recipient Acceptance/Q&A by Dr. Samora (5 min)
- Dr. Linda Hua Chao -Alexandra Kirkley Academic Traveling Fellowship Report (5 min)
- Dr. Beth Shubin Stein – RJOS/Zimmer Biomet Clinical/Basic Science Research Grant Report (5 min)
- Dr. Kristy Weber, MD – AAOS updates (10 min)
Click here to view the recording of Webinar #1 - RJOS Business Meeting.
Click here to view the webinar handout from Dr. Marlene DeMaio.
Webinar #2 - RJOS 2020 Professional Development Symposium Webinar, Legal Matters, Your Orthopaedic Survival Guide, was held on March 26, 2020.
RJOS 2020 Professional Development Symposium Webinar Agenda:
Welcome and Introductions of Speakers by Dr. Jothi Murali-Larson, Professional Development Committee Chair
- Melissa Young, AAOS Legal Counsel – Functions of the AAOS Legal Office and You
- Dr. Marlene DeMaio – Legal Issues in Your Practice
- What is A High-Risk Case and What to do About It
- Ann Gaffey, President, Healthcare and Safety Strategies – Mitigating Risks in Orthopaedics
Click here to view the recording of Webinar #2 - RJOS 2020 Professional Development Symposium Webinar, Legal Matters, Your Orthopaedic Survival Guide.
Click here to view the power point slides from Webinar #2.
Webinar #3 - RJOS/WIA Harassment is Everyone’s Issue: Optimizing Your Work Environment, was held on March 31, 2020.
This webinar was moderated by Antonia F. Chen, MD, MBA. Originally scheduled as part of the Professional Development Leadership Symposium during the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 2020 Annual Meeting, this topic was hosted as a webinar from the Ruth Jackson Orthopaedic Society (RJOS) and The American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons Women in Arthroplasty Committee (WIA). RJOS is also hosted additional content from AAOS in the form of webinars.
Click here to view the Sexual Harassment Definitions handout provided by Dr. Marlene DeMaio.
Click here to view the recording of Webinar #3 – AAOS Session on Harassment.
Webinar #4 - RJOS 2020 Annual Meeting - The Orthopaedic Surgeon Amidst a Social Media World was held on April 2, 2020.
2020 RJOS Annual Meeting Webinar Agenda:
Introductions of Speakers by Dr. Selina Poon and Dr. Stephanie Pearce
- Emily Sharpe, MD, Anesthesiologist - Social Media and Medicine: Finding Professional Benefits (30min)
- Monica Payares-Lizano, MD, Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon - What to do with a Negative Review on Social Media (15min)
- Sonya Sloan, MD, Orthopaedic Surgeon - Protecting Your Online Presence in Private Practice (30min)
Click here to view the Social Media Basics handout provided by Dr. Emily E. Sharpe.
Click here to view the Social Media Webinar References handout provdied by Dr. Selina Pool and Dr. Stephanie Pearce.
Click here to view the recording of Webinar #4 – RJOS Annual Meeting – The Orthopaedic Surgeon Amidst a Social Media World.