Are you an established board certified surgeon willing to lend your time to help a woman surgeon begin her first year in practice?
Or are you a graduating resident or fellow who would like guidance and support as you begin your career? The RJOS Ambassador Program matches graduating residents and fellows entering their first year of clinical practice with an ambassador, a senior surgeon mentor, from RJOS to share knowledge and advice as they navigate the world outside of residency and fellowship.
Read below for participation instructions and guidelines for established surgeons and graduating residents and fellows.
Participation for Established Surgeons:
Please email RJOSambassador@gmail.com by May 15 if you are interested in becoming a RJOS Ambassador.
Ambassador Program Guidelines and Requirements for Established Surgeons
- One-year term of service
- Board certified
- Connect with your new surgeon 3-4 times over the year
- If possible, set up an in-person meeting at the AAOS or sub-specialty conference or another venue
- Share advice, answer questions, and be a resource for new women surgeons
- Complete pre and post mentorship surveys
- Maintain your RJOS membership throughout the program
Participation for Graduating Residents or Fellows:
Please complete our application by May 15 if you are interested in being matched with a RJOS Ambassador.
Ambassador availability is limited, and we will reach out to you with more information once all matches are complete.
Ambassador Program Outline and Requirements for Residents and Fellows
Questions? Contact RJOSambassador@gmail.com